Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Heaven's Newest Angel

I'm a sad Momma Bear tonight.
This little boy that stole my heart; Lane Goodwin, has lost his battle against cancer this evening. He was only 12 years old. I've never met this child, nor his family but his story touched my heart in such a profound way. I have followed his story via Facebook since the beginning and I can't imagine going through the things his family has. We all knew it was going to be soon, but I wasn't emotionally prepared. I don't think anyone is ever "prepared" really. I can't imagine how his family is doing.. I do know that Childhood Cancer is spreading all throughout the world and we've got to find a cure. My little family means the world to me and I couldn't imagine something like this happening to Teegan. Team Lane is all crying tonight. But in the morning, we will all continue to fight and find a cure for this attack on our children. I hope I never have to learn how it feels to be a parent of a child with cancer and I count my blessings every day. In honor of my healthy child, I'm going to promise to spend more time cherishing his beautiful face! Let's all get together and pray for Lane and his family this evening. I know I'm going to set aside some of my time and do that. Kiss your babies tonight loves, and be thankful for each moment.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/PrayersforLaneGoodwin?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment